Introducing our April's GRK9 of the Month..... Tammy and her dog TIMBIT!!!
We asked the dynamic duo for some insight on their training process to share with all of you!
Stay tuned for more success story's from these two!
1. How old was Timbit when you got him? 8 weeks
2. Where did you get him from? Toy/mini poodle Breeder in Napanee, ON
3. Why did you pick him? He peed on me and I thought that must be destiny :)
4. Why did you want to begin training? Timbit has Addison's disease which makes him very sensitive to stressful situations (positive and negative). He got very scared of walks and had been unwilling to go more than 5 houses from where I live. It was something I wanted to deal with immediately - I was getting frustrated from trying to walk him and he was getting too scared to go anywhere (thus putting on some weight).
5. What was some of your training goals? To be able to walk Timbit around the neighborhood without him pulling the leash to lead.
6. What was the biggest obstacle to overcome during training? Overcoming his fear of walking
7. What are you guys working on now? Downs and Sits with the Break command (we had not tied it to the Break command so Timbit would leave the down and sit quickly). Once we have that down pat we will work with Suria on recalls in the outside environment.
8. If you could give any of our clients advice about accomplishing your training goals, what would it be? Be consistent with training and make sure you understand the why, because it'll help you adapt to different situations and apply the concepts taught.