Introducing our GRK9 of the Month
Ella and Caitlin
Lets learn about this amazing pup and their training that has taken course this past year!
1. How old was Ella when you got her?
8 weeks old
2. Where did you get her from?
3 Why did you pick her?
She was the most outgoing when I visited the kennel and daughter of a retired Orangeville police dog. And obviously gorgeous.
4. Why did you want to begin training?
I wanted a well behaved dog I could bring with me everywhere possible.
5. What was some of your training goals?
To have a solid recall, being calm around strangers, being relaxed around other dogs. A new goal is one day to be able to foster dogs with her help.
6. What was the biggest obstacle to overcome during training? What are you guys working on now?
She was very nervous around people she did not know - especially in the home. She was very reactive towards dogs while on leash. These are both things we continue to work on by ourselves and with the trainers.
7. If you could give any of our clients advice about accomplishing your training goals, what would it be?
Advice would be to be consistent and train multiple times every day in short session. You can not expect the dog to be great without showing them how.
Great work guys, we are certain there is only but training success ahead. We couldn't be more proud of your progress.